We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

movies

A multitude of emotions. UP and DOWN.
A series of suicidal thoughts.
The endless doubt.
The invisible self-esteem.
One week later.

I'm finally seeing the potential brightness of the future. I admit, I'm still feeling a tad too emotional, but definitely better than I was and definitely away from the negative side. Most of which I must credit to the most random movie.

High School Musical 3: Senior Year

Isn't it somewhat magical the effect some movies have on you? I mean the scenes, the words, the music all in all giving you new inspiration; a hope that things will get a little better. Even though you know it's fictional and that there are many more factors to consider in the "real" world. Still, people associate with the plot they watch on the big screen.

Relevance? It has similarities to the situation(s) they're facing in their own lives.
Why? Because they want so much to believe that it is possible to overcome.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think in the history of movie making, there isn't a single one that leaves people discouraged after watching it. Sure there are movies that leave its audience unchanged emotionally, like those slap-stick humorous ones I.E. Austin Powers but never one that dampens ones spirits.

All people want (and need) is a little bit of HOPE.

No comments: