We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Workie work work

Ok so Im working again this holidays and today's my 3rd day. Somehow this time it seems a little different from the other times. Like yesterday was the first time I taught the kids anything. Ok so it was only cooking but it is harder so teach a bunch of 3-6 year old kids than it seems. Either way, it was a great experience and now I know what it feels like to be a teacher. Oh yeah did I mention, we moved to a very nice corner single story house. It's definately more spacious for the kids.

Anyways, I got my birthday present today from my teacher-and my boss. Thank you so so much Emanda!! I really love it. I got this really nice dress that we got from her sisters shop in Hartamas Shopping Centre. It's called Lovely Peoples Shop. If you guys can, go check it out. It's a really youth kinda shop with cute clothes, shoes and hair accesories. I got alot of pampering today, from shopping to food and playing with Emanda's o so cute baby girl. I love her to bits.

But, my happy bubble got burst just as we were leaving to head back home. Kate called me and said we can't go for seventeens summer splash party on the 9th of June cause it clashes with new life. Sammy also mentioned this to me when I invited her as my plus 1. Im totally bummer about it. Come to think of it, I think this is one of those tests God puts out for us to see whats more important to us. I mean, I know what I have to do and whats my priorities but Iv been wanting to go for this thing since April and its so saddening to me that I cant go now. Iv been running this throught my head since monday trying to find a way to learn the topic for the 9th and still go for the party. It does sound shallow, especially for me, but how often do I get a chance at going for a party like this for free. And this year is like the ideal year for me to do everything I want cause Iv gotta concentrate on my SPM next year.

Its times like this that makes me regret not taking full advantage of the years when I wasnt as busy as I am now. But no matter what, I cant turn back time.

Any suggestions on how I can get through this without missing either event?

Hmm maybe I should ask shealin whether I can learn the topic for the 9th this week too. I hope, I hope..

1 comment:

sammy`. said...

argh! i was so friggin happy when you got the tickets and invited me then i checked when it was and i was like AHHH!